Introduction to teaching using LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3® is one of a series of digital technologies professional development courses, offered by Tactile Theory to support Australian teachers. This course aims to give course participants an understanding of robotics as an ideal means to facilitate a Futures Learning classroom while emphasising STEAM pedagogies.
- PD hours: 5
This professional development course is for proficient teachers who would like to expand their digital technologies repertoire and engage their students in quality student-driven learning strategies. This course is for those who are passionate about their professional learning and are prepared and motivated to develop a love of learning and engagement in their students and classroom.
This digital technologies professional development course will:
- give participants knowledge and confidence in using and teaching the LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3®
- explore how robotics is the ideal vehicle for developing Futures Learning skills and goals in the classroom
- assist Australian secondary teachers of any STEAM subject - Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts or Mathematics
- apply and integrate practical teaching strategies using the LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3® into current teaching programs.
The Introduction to teaching using LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3® will cover:
- an introduction to robotics in STEAM education
- an introduction to the hardware components of the LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3®
- assembling the LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3® hardware, including sensor and arm attachments
- an introduction to the basic principles of programming and machine logic
- using the LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3® programming interface software
- applying the LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3® to current teaching programs
Introduction to teaching using LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3® will contribute 5 hours of NESA and TQI Registered PD addressing 2.6.2 and 3.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW and Teacher Accreditation in ACT.
LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this site.